I was originally all over the take it down thought. But my reasons were never over racism.
- The popular flag that everyone is attacking is the battle flag, not the Confederacy flag.
- There were many free black soldiers who fought on the side of the south. Recently reminded of that by a couple of black historians.
- The KKK marches with the US flag not the confederate flag.
- The confederate flag was about succession not slavery. However the war itself was about northern imposed laws on the south, amongst these was slavery.
- Which flag represented slave trading and holding the longest the US flag or the Confederate flag? The US was around a lot longer than the few years of the confederate states.
- Germany practices book burning as it was promoting the National Socialist Party agenda, and now the US is walking the VERY SAME PATH!