For those who don’t know, RDBMSX is the name I gave to a hobby project that I am working on. It is effectively an XML based DB system, with indexes and query language.
The key parts are:
- All unencrypted files are stored in XML format.
- The DB engine would be packageable and deployable with your web application.
- Query language would be xpath (2.0)
- Unlimited deployment licensing (Open Source project)
- Connection to the engine would be through XML call to a listener on a port, or through a custom DataProvider (System.IO.RDBMSX Namespace)
- The server itself would be extenable through it’s namespace
- RDBMSX.Core (All base classes)
- RDBMSX.PlugIn (Write your own data direct communication)
- RDBMSX.Client (A sample client that you can do all administration from.)
- RDBMSX.Server (Common server components)
- RDBMSX.Server.Host (Standalone server)
- RDBMSX.Server.Host.StateManager (State Manager for IIS)
- RDBMSX.Server.IIS (IIS Hosted Server)
Though I am detailing this quite a bit, this is still a hobby, and such may be years before I release anything.
I think all of us power developers need hobby projects.