Seriously. I have been studying up on game dev for modern platforms.
I know that I have not developed a game since the Apple ][+, but things have gotten both easier and harder since then.
- Now I can code a game in C#.
- Then I had to code everything in Assembly. Compilers were never efficient enough.
- Now I have both DirectX and XNA libraries to pull from.
- Then I had to figure out how to do scene management.
- Now I have a massive online community to pull from.
- Then I had me and the Apple fan group at the local collage.
I think I will start easy, Like a PVP Pong.
Does this mean that I am putting aside my .NET 3.5 and XML stuff?
Heck no! It is because of Silverlight, WCF, WWF, and other new technologies, that got my interest going. I’ll explain more later.
I still have a massive love for ASP.NET, just encase you were wondering.