Vista seems to have a problem with Sonicwall’s DHCP.
The problem is in the ARP validation. Sonicwall keeps reporting the validation as a diffrent computer.
The following steps can be found at: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1022914&SiteID=17
I am reporting them here to keep them from dissapearing:
- Click the Start button.
- Select All Programs > Accessories.
- Right click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- Type regedit.exe and press enter.
- Go to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
- Right click this entry and select New Dword.
- Rename the new entry ArpRetryCount (leave it set to 0 by default).
- Restart the computer.
- Reassociate with the SonicWALL.
You should notice a successful connection.