Read this first.
When installing the 2.0 framework, a few things happen.
- 90% of the Beta stuff for VS2005 stops working, including the IDE
- J# for 2.0 has to be uninstalled
- Beta compiled software starts complaining. I don’t know if this is everywhere, but some of my desktop apps died.
- Web apps may die. Mine did.
- Keep your MSDN subscription going, because the IDE can be downloaded for 2005 release.
- Backup your code and restore your computer from your pre-beta ghost.
- Unless you are installing from DVD or HD, expect a long install process for the new IDE. the SDK install is 300MB by itself.
If you didn’t ghost before hand, no problem, you just have a long clean up process before you.
Good luck and have fun with the new Framework.